Friday, June 18, 2010

Hospital Update

I'm supposed to be resting at home, but I can't sleep so I'll blog instead. Dad had hoped to go home today, but the latest tests show his cancer is no longer in remission. He got a blood transfusion today and will see his oncologist some time this afternoon. Perhaps he can go home tomorrow.

He's been unhappy with the program selection on tv, so last night we watched a John Wayne movie from my laptop's dvd drive. I got a lot of tatting done during "Hellfighters," a movie we've both seen numerous times. That means I have some tatting to report!

After many stops and starts, I finally finished Jon's Foldover Bookmark. I plan to empty my shuttles with the Fan Bookmark and then reload for another of Jon's Foldover one's. I'm practicing tatting over ends and the Magic Thread Trick so I don't have to deal with any ends. Failed to plan for the final ends on my first Foldover model, so I had to take care of those. With all of the times I had to cut out mistakes, that one bookmark gave me plenty of practice!

When I finish these, I think I'll pull out some of my size 10 thread for a while. It is easier to see in a dimly lit room and easier to untat, too. Good thing I never got around to getting rid of it. Some times it pays to be a pack rat -- and I'm definitely a thread pack rat.

4 comments:

Typstatting said...

So sorry to hear about your dad!! I also hope for that he can go home as well!!!! Will be thinking of you! Cant wait to see your finished tatting projects.

Suztats said...

Blessings to you and your father. hope you get some rest. Best wishes.

geraldine said...

i know what its like sittng in a hospital ward ,my 25yr old son has just gone through cancer treatment.so i'll say a prayer for you and your dad. i also got a lot of tatting done when all the nurses had finish haveing a look.god bless.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers.