Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Finished!


My daughter will be thrilled when she gets home today to discover that I FINALLY finished her black and red dragon. It was to be a Christmas present for her. Was that this past Christmas or the one before? It is Anne Bruvold's pattern for her Flying Minor Norwegian Dragon as I mentioned in my earlier post. I realized I had added an extra ring at the shoulder of the first wing when I got to the same place in the second wing so I duplicated my mistake. My daughter loves red and black together so I used the shoe lace trick to position my shuttles to get the effect I desired.

5 comments:

Typstatting said...

What a great looking dragon I am sure that your daughter will love it. I have made two of them and enjoyed tatting them, they were a real challenge!!!!

Suztats said...

Looks great! I started this patter for a Christmas tag for my son....still isn't finished. Nice to know I'm not alone in ufo's.

Valerie said...

the color combo's nice. very apt for the fiery mysterious dragon. well done!

Jane Eborall said...

Well that was certainly worth the un-tatting time and the re-tatting time spent on it. Lovely. You're not on your own with un-tatting either!!!!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thanks for all of the kind comments. My daughter was thrilled with it.