Saturday, August 6, 2011

What a week!

While I had big plans to show you my latest efforts in tatting last weekend, everything seemed to go wrong. Then I got one of those migraine headaches that lasts for days. Thankfully, they are very rare. While I managed to cope with life pretty much as usual in spite of it, I wasn't up to anything requiring intense concentration like tatting or image manipulation. Then I spent two days at the hospital with my dad, who is home and doing great now. So I hope the reveal is better late than never.

I mentioned some time back that I'm revamping many of my designs. My latests listings at Etsy begin with some changes to the Celtic Snowflake patterns that I shared through the Online Classes several years ago. I've been working with size 80 thread, tweaking the designs, adding beads, and expanding the number of designs. Each design will be offered in two collections. The Crystal Collection is white with iridescent clear glass beads to provide sparkle. The Peppermint Collection contrasts white thread with sparkling red glass beads.




My goal with all of the patterns in these collections is to produce designs that are stable enough to hang without stiffening. This will make them lower maintenance for their owners and will reduce the chemicals in the lace.

If you want a preview of a couple of the other flakes that will be listed in the collection, check out the photos I listed at Etsy.

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm heading over to check them out right now! They're so pretty!

Michelle said...

Very pretty- I especially like the Peppermint collection (and the name is great too)!

Conny said...

Ich mag auch die Occhi-Arbeiten, die man nicht mit Stärke behandeln muss.
Deine Arbeit mit den Perlen sieht sehr schön aus.
Ich hoffe es geht Dir wieder viel besser.

Liebe Grüße von Cornelia

Suztats said...

The peak at the Peppermint Collection makes me think of Christmas snowflakes on the tree and hanging in windows. Very pretty.

God's Kid said...

Ooooh, wonderful snowflakes!!! :)