Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Inverted Tatting Practice

The Online Tatting Class starts its fall series next week. The first session is going to use inverted tatting. I first learned about this technique in To de Haan-van Beek's book, New Dimensions in Tatting. My husband has requested a design for a Christmas ornament that I think needs this technique. As you can see, I've been practicing. It is really quite fun and easy. I hope I'll see some of you in class next week. I hope to make the evening session.

4 comments:

Spinndiva said...

Oh how wonderful! I have tried tatting a few times! I got to make a ring and picots LOL I have not given up yet.... maybe an online class is all I need (sadly there is nobody here that can teach me in person...)

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

The first thing I thought of when I saw this tatting was a paisley design. I found your blog via the Tatting Goddess. I've been crocheting for 20+ and now want to add tatting.

Have a wonderful day and drop by if you'd like to.

Hugs,
Stephanie Suzanne ♥

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Spinndiva, you won't be the first to learn from online friends, I assure you. There are some great videos available to help you as well. You'll see links to some of them on the right side of this blog.

Stephanie, I enjoyed visiting your website. You've started a nice collection of vintage tatting. I encourage you, too, to take a look at some of the links here. We tatters just love to addict others to the art. ;)

Mama T said...

I'm just doing some random blog surfing and came across this wonderful craftwork of yours!

This looks like fun.
My friends & I do a Japanese version of this called "mizuhiki knots" using paper strings.

Happy crafting!