Thursday, February 22, 2024

"An Element-al Approach to Tatting Design" PDFs Have Been Updated

Hello, Tatters. Links to the updates are posted on my Tatting Techniques page. Just click on the tab above. For those of you new to these documents, here is an excerpt from the introduction of "An Element-al Approach to Tatting Design, Update Feb 2024."

Note from Eliz: If you think about it, tatting is made up of ring shapes (usually a ring), curves (usually chains), and straight lines (traditionally the bare thread). So with those basic elements in mind, what can we substitute or modify to get a new look? This document is divided into 3 sections: General Tips & Techniques, Substitutions, and Simple to Complex Changes in Appearance. As you discover new techniques or methods, write them into your own copy of this list. Above all, let your imagination guide you and have some fun exploring the possibilities.

I created Element-al as a tatting design tool for myself. Because I haven't mastered all of the techniques I might want to use, the second document lists technique instruction links with possible patterns for practice. I hope some of you find them useful.

Happy tatting!

4 comments:

muskaan said...

Wow, thanks for updating the docs - they have often been of use over the years 💖
I am slowly scrolling through the list and have reached p7 - Beads - Surrounding Mock Picot .... is this what you might have in mind -- https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2024/01/association.html One can make LTR and thus have beads on either side of the mock picot.
Hugs

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you, muskaan! You and your blog are a terrific resource to me.

God's Kid said...

So glad you have that done. Are we going to see more of your wonderful tatting again?? :)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

That's my plan. Thank you for the encouragement.