Sunday, October 30, 2016

Pattern Search (More Details) & Updated Element-al documents

I've remembered a few more things about the lost tatting pattern (see previous post). The berries on the edging pattern I'm trying to find hang beneath the horizontal edging. The berries are tatted separately with rings only (tiny bare thread spaces between them) and the edging is ring and chain. You join the berries to the chain as you tat it. One of the Craftree members has searched her Workbasket collection and several of us have searched Pinterest for possibilities, but no one has found it yet. Remember, I tatted this in the 1990s, so it won't be a recent pattern. I think the pattern for the berries was a diagram of some sort. It would sure be easier if I could find the missing tatted edging sample. :(

I've updated all of the Element-al documents. You don't have to be a designer to use them. The links in the Techniques one should all be hot and you have your choice of pdf or Word version of it. I apologize to you needle tatters. I haven't made any updates to the techniques for you. I confess I don't use my needles very much, but all of you (needle and shuttle tatters) are invited to send me links to add to the documents. My own limited knowledge has guided the development of these documents so do alert me if you see anything that is incorrect. I value your feedback.


Madtatter80 said...

Some how I missed your pervious post and will search my mine for this mysterious berry pattern. For me a sketch would be helpful to 🙂 but will try with out one.

Jane McLellan said...

There's a lot of information in your pages, thank you. Design your own berry edging perhaps?

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thank you, Carrolyn. Any sketch I would do would be lots of guesswork.

You are very welcome, Jane. I may just have to do that, Jane, but for now I'm still searching for it.

Madtatter80 said...

Were they berries or grapes? I am still searching :)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

To be honest, Carollyn, I'm not sure what they were called in the original pattern. I think they looked more like raspberries or blackberries than a grape cluster. I can tell you the pattern is not in the Craftree database, nor has it been found in Workbasket. I'm going through all of the books and tatting newsletters I have from that time period. Remember that I found the pattern in the 1990s. I don't believe that it's going to be available online unless someone can find a link to the bookmark I created from it back then and I can't remember if I did the exchange through the email list or through Maus's Geocities webpage.

Thank you so much for continuing the search.