Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tatting Tea Tuesday

I didn't manage to tat a single stitch today, but I found some time to enjoy your blogs and to check in at InTatters. The day got off to a good start with the arrangement of two thread exchanges. I'm excited about trying some new threads and sharing some of my favorites with other tatters. The mail service also brought me goodies today--24 Snowflakes in Tatting by Lene Bjorn! I've been admiring some of these flakes on other blogs and got an opportunity to add it to my library. AND Zoo Flakes ABC by Will C. Howell! Isdihara issued a design challenge at InTatters inspired by this book. The book shows you how to make a cut-paper snowflake using animal shapes. Isdihara has challenged us to design some tatted snowflakes based on animal shapes. I found a used library copy of the book being sold by a literacy program. It is a nice picture book that I will enjoy having as part of our family library. I have an idea for a design, but you don't get any hints.


One more day before I start college classes again, and I have a great deal to do. My Tat Do list is organized, and my blog is set up to follow what the rest of you are doing. My goal is to check in with you all at least once a week. I'll try to have some pictures of what I've managed to get done. Don't be surprised if a few are works in progress.

See you in a few days!


2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Yea for goodies! I love the snowflake book, and I'm waiting for my Zooflakes book to arrive (I found a used one at Alibris). If I find I'm no good at designing snowflakes, it will be a great book to show the kids at school.

IsDihara said...

Well, I cannot express how tickled I am that you are giving the Zoo Flakes challenge a try!

I came home from Tat Days with 3 Critters on the Block books by Martha Ess, so I have no excuse not to try making a zoo flake!

I'm not one of those naturally gifted designers. I struggle and curse and throw away a lot of false starts. But Martha's books are so easy to follow and her critters are so adorable!

Do let us all know if you have fun with this design challenge. It will help those of us who suffer for art. Hee, hee.