Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Planning for the Fair

Some of you may remember that my oldest daughter (who just finished grad school) has picked up her tatting shuttles again. She decided we need to enter tatting in the county fair this year. We spent our Tatting Tea Tuesday looking through the exhibits handbook for places where we might enter some tatting. (There are no tatting categories.) Then we looked at what we have available to enter and what we would like to still tat to enter. The results--we are both busily tatting away on our respective projects. I'm sorry that I have nothing to show you right now, but that should change in a few days.

Meanwhile, I am enjoying reading your blogs in my breaks. I'm going to take a quick look at what you've been doing and then I need to get back to my entries.

3 comments:

Typstatting said...

Good luck with your tatting entries!

Umintsuru said...

Hi Eliz, Just wanted to answer your question on my blog here. The book for the 'dog biscuit' is Lyn Morton's Tatting Patterns. Happy tatting for the fair.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Oh how exciting! I am so glad your daughter has not only resumed her tatting but that she has already set a challenge for the both of you.

Can't wait to see what you come up with....also, hopefully the fair committee will put tatting in as a category next year!