Sunday, March 17, 2024

One project at a time or Multiple

 I usually try to force myself to work on one project at a time, but I'm finding I'm actually more productive switching from project to project. I'm getting things done as well as learning and exploring new things. My old approach sometimes seemed laborious and it was easy to lose interest. Now I'm just having fun.

These are some of the things I've been doing this week.

In the top left, the Catherine Wheel Join practice piece is now big enough to hold my favorite mug. My shuttles were empty, so now I'm just trying to decide if I should continue it in some way to make it a little larger. (Manuela size 10, variegated pinks)

The top right image is the completed Cloth Stitch Bookworm on page 22 of Beginner's Guide to Bobbin Lace by Gillian Dye and Adrienne Thunder. This is my first Torchon project in about 20 years. I used a slightly smaller pricking with Caron Wildflowers Emerald Green and Pine Forest.

The center top is the beginning of my second Torchon project--Half Stitch Bookworm, page 28 of the same book. This one uses the original pricking size with DMC Perle Cotton size 8 in colors 311 and 995 (down the center).

And lastly, I'm tatting up my teddy bear pattern as I work on an updated version of the pattern that includes a diagram.

So what works best for you? Do you prefer to complete one project at a time, or do you prefer to have several different things going and move from project to project?

Have a fun and productive week, my friends!

5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

At the moment I have multiple projects, sometimes just one, I’m not dogmatic about it. Your projects all look very interesting.

God's Kid said...

All your projects look great!!! :)
I work on multiples. I think I get bored easy with one, and especially with one color. And I enjoy different crafts for more variety and interest. ;)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thank you both for sharing your perspectives. I enjoy following your blogs.

FairyLaceAndMore said...

I can't do several projects at the same time. But in fact, while I'm finishing my work, in my mind I'm already planning the next project. That is, “working in your head” can happen on several projects!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I can appreciate that, too.