Sunday, July 24, 2016

muskaan's Split Color Edging in One Color

Motif #9 for 2nd 25 Motif Challenge of 2016

While muskaan designed the Split Color Edging for two colors, I just couldn't resist trying it out in just one, and I like it! This was my first effort at split Josephine rings, but her excellent tutorial is included in the pdf of the pattern. I was able to start with a true ring rather than a split one, but it really doesn't matter to the finished product in one color.

My effort at this pattern in size 80 thread went straight into the trash bin. It was obvious I needed a magnifying glass to see those half stitches. I can fudge quite nicely for a double stitch, but not for Josephine rings, split or normal! Those of you with good eyesight must try it in size 80 and share the picture with us. I'd love to see it done.

Thanks, muskaan, for a lovely edging pattern. The grouping of Josephine rings between the clovers give it a delightful appearance in one color or two.

Happy tatting, everyone!

6 comments:

muskaan said...

Oh, I Like it !!! Wouldn't have binned it ;-) You've tatted it beautifully & it is nice to see how it would look in one colour.
But yes, the edging was designed for size 20 or size 40 (I had tried to convince my MIL that I'd like to tat in size 40 but she wanted it to be a set with the size 20 she was tatting).... would be too little for 80 I think. I kinda like the half stitches being visible on the JR here, giving a textural feel.
Thanks for trying it out :-)

Margarets designer cards said...

Looks good to me, don't expect me to tat in size 80, My eyes won't even see the thread, certainly not at the moment with fluid in my eye.
But I would love to see someone try it.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It does look pretty in one color! I find that I need to tat a pattern in size 20 to get the feel for it, then I can go back and tat it in 80. I hardly ever use 80 for my first try, because I can't see those pesky stitches either!

God's Kid said...

That looks fabulous!!!!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Oh yes, very pretty in one colour, especially that lovely fresh green.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I'm glad you all like it, too. To be honest, I agree with muskaan that size 80 would just be too small for this particular pattern. I think you would lose the effect of those lovely groups of Josephine rings. A size 40 might be a good compromise though.