Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dragon Wing Doily

This is my second Dragon Wing Doily by Anne Bruvold. I tatted my first one in May 2011. My tension was rather tight this time which made the piece rather stiff and a little more fiddly to block than I expected. This is a tatter issue rather than a designer one. I did not notice this problem with my first effort.  The nice thing about the stiffness is that it would hang nicely as an ornament without stiffener. I'd like to try it again with deliberately lighter tension to see if the difference was in the thread I used or in my tatting. Anne's pattern is a lovely one and enjoyable to tat. You'll find it in English here.

7 comments:

God's Kid said...

Your doily looks wonderful!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely motif, and thank you for the link to the pattern
Margaret

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I do love that pattern, and the thread you've used is beautiful! I must tat rather loosely, because the ones I have made have not been stiff at all.

Fox said...

So nicely tatted and it would not be good floppy! I think this pattern does well with a stronger tension - in my opinion!
Fox : )

Batty Tatter said...

That's very pretty. Thank you for telling us where to find it.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thank you for your comments. I couldn't sleep so I've been reading your tatting blogs. My computer's battery is about empty so I suppose I should go back to bed. Happy tatting, everyone!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Hi! I thought I'd bop over here to your blog so you wouldn't have to keep checking to see if I responded to your question. I'm delighted you picked up your shuttles and are trying it out, but I'm puzzled about the phrase, "If I turn the new ring down". Only the very first (yellow) ring is turned down. All the other rings stay in place and they are already facing down. Please let me know if this clears up the confusion! Hope you have a nice Easter, by the way!


down.