Saturday, March 24, 2018

Sewing instead of tatting

For so many reasons, I've found it difficult to get ant tatting done. My only craft project of any kind has been sewing bibs. This were made by my third design. Each design filled a specific need as my family developed.



The first design (about 30 years ago) had a pocket that worked great to collect all of that food that falls to the lap of little ones when they start trying to feed themselves. The second design was adapted to catch or hold the finger foods of snacking toddlers on the move. My most recent design of about a year ago was developed for the toddler who loves to be putting hands and other small things in pockets. I'm already thinking about design number four as the latest toddler heads toward preschool age.

Making this latest batch of bibs has been a walk down memory lane for me. And aren't those fabrics beautiful?! I felt like a child in a candy store as I picked out the supplies.

I hope to have tatting to share in the near future. Meanwhile, I give thanks for all of the blessings I experience every day in getting to watch the next generation grow up.

Happy tatting!

6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

The reasoning is sound, I look forward to seeing pictures!

Michelle said...

Looking forward to seeing your work!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I'm so sorry about the image difficulties. I could see it from the post creation and preview, but it wasn't showing up when anyone visited the blog as a guest. All fixed.

God's Kid said...

Fabulous bib ideas!!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Great bib ideas,
Don't tell my husband he reckons I need one

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Actually, Margaret, my first design was inspired by a friend who had spaghetti bibs for the whole family. It made sense to me, but I can get by with an apron. :D