Friday, January 19, 2018

Y18 UFO Project update - 1 down, 14 to go

I promised an update on the 'monster' doily edging, so here it is.
Mary Konior's Clover
from pg 36-37 of Tatting with Visual Patterns
size 80 thread

I can't remember when I started this one--October or November? I do remember telling my sister that it might be ready by Christmas 2018. My last post contained a closeup of the edging (bottom right corner of the collage). It really is a beautiful edging made of rings and chains. As you can see, I'm about 3/4 of the way down the first long side.

But this one is finished!
Flora size 20 thread

It was wingless, but now it can fly. I had to tat a dandelion blossom for her.

Let me tell you about her resting place. My mom sewed this up for me. It is a little larger than a placemat, white on one side and this lovely floral design on the other. It protects my clothing from getting caught in my tatting hook, it keeps items from rolling around the table, and it also works great for quickly gathering everything up so I can handle something else. I just use the side up that provides the best contrast to the threads I'm working with. It gets used a lot!

Now I return to the monster edging for a few more repeats before bed.

Happy tatting!


5 comments:

muskaan said...

Yay Quick off the mark ... that UFO collage really helps stay on track!
I Love the idea & use of that placemat!!! Need to make myself one - I often struggle with the background.
The dragon will keep you constantly inspired to complete more UFOs :-)

God's Kid said...

Gorgeous edging!!! :) I am sure you will get it done!!! :)
Fabulous dragon!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Few repeats each day and it'll be done long before Christmas! Good that dragon can now fly. A friend of mine used to use a pillowcase to hold her work in a similar way. I like your idea of contrasting fabrics.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The mat is a clever idea! I have loads of fabric just waiting to be used. I might just have to make one of those for myself. Anne's dragon pattern is wonderful! What a great inspiration to keep on tatting that lovely edging!

Margarets designer cards said...

The edging will look lovely when you finish it, a little bit most days and it will be soon finished.
Love the dragon,
Your UFO pile will soon disappear at this rate