Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Concentric Rectangles Finished

One project checked off my WIP list as the Concentric Rectangles doily is finished.
Concentric Rectangles by Edda Guastalla Bianchetti
with modified corners in final round
26 cm by 18.5 cm (10.25 inches by 7.25 inches)
Size 20 thread: Flora 204 (yellow), Lizbeth 105 (variegated), Lizbeth 663 (blue)
Motif #2 for 2nd 25 Motif Challenge for 2016

I reversed work between rings and chains as in traditional tatting. but I used up-joins when joining the rounds together that join ring to ring and down-joins when joining the rounds together that join chain to chain. This kept all of the color blips on the same side. I also modified the corners of round 5 by adding an extra clover and chain, producing a point in each corner.

The angle of the picture makes the sides look slightly distorted, but they are nice and straight producing a pleasing rectangle.


5 comments:

Michelle said...

OOOOOOOOOh, isn't that pretty? I love it!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I like your corner adaptation! I never thought of switching between up joins and down joins to keep color blips on one side... great idea!

God's Kid said...

That's wonderful!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Turned out really well, good for you!

Margarets designer cards said...

Looks lovely and I like your corners,
Margaret