Monday, March 14, 2016

Crown Progress & Element-al documents updated

The only image I have available to show you today is one of a work in progress. It's Gale Marshall's Queen Mom Memorial Crown. I wanted to do quite a bit of bead substitution, so I decided to tat the crown in parts. It made figuring out the bead placement on shuttle and ball threads a little simpler. This is all I've completed so far on the lower part of the crown. I'm using DMC Cecelia size 30. I had a special request for this crown and I've got 2 weeks to finish it. It isn't the kind of thing I can work on with the baby around, so I'll be working on other projects at the same time.

I finished the tatting of the December 1snowflake (see previous post), but it isn't ready for a photograph.

I've updated the links to the 2 Element-al documents. Be sure to email me or post here at the blog if you have any recommendations for additions or changes to these. You'll find the links on the Techniques page of this blog.


Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Blue beads and pearls... my heart is fluttering!

Michelle said...

Wow! This is going to be gorgeous! I can understand why it's not a project with a baby nearby.
Your package arrived today, thank you!

God's Kid said...

What I see is so beautiful!!! Can't wait to see the finished project!!! :)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thanks, Diane, Michelle, and God's Kid. I'm excited about this project. My fingers itch to get back to work on it, but it will probably be the weekend before I'll get the chance.

muskaan said...

I checked out the pattern link you provided ... had never seen that crown before. Now I am eager to see your working of it.
I will update your pds on my blog too. The pace at which new additions are being made, it may become a weekly chore :-)

Corina said...

wow, beautiful already!