Sunday, November 12, 2017

Monster Edging Project

You wouldn't think an edging for a table runner would be a monster project, but this one qualifies. It's a simple pattern, Clover by Mary Konior that was published in Tatting With Visual Patterns. The problem? The only thread I could find that matches the fabric in color is some Coats and Clark from my vintage stock, color #61. It is size 70!


It's a project that I can't work on very often or for very long, but it is going to be gorgeous when I finally get it finished. My sister chose the fabric and asked me to tat an edging for it. This is a picture of the sample I tatted for her to pre-approve. I'm actually about 1/8 of the way around the runner now, and I've only been working on it for about 3 months. I told her that she might get to use it at Christmas next year. :D

6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That is a monster project! I'm sure it will be beautiful when it is finished.

Jane McLellan said...

I think the fine thread suits an edging like that, so I'm sure it'll be worth the effort.

Jane Eborall said...

The edging is gorgeous. By the way - there's a big and yummy looking pie on your blog which prevented me from finding the comments link!!!! Send me a slice, please!!!

Margarets designer cards said...

Going to be lovely when you finish it, I'm sure she won't mind waiting for it even if it won't be finish much before next Christmas.
I have a hanky that I keep in my handbag to pull out when waiting, that's been on the go so long I have no idea when I started it, like your edging one day it will be finished

God's Kid said...

That is going to be gorgeous!!! :)
I had the same problem trying to comment as Jane Eborall, there is a huge picture of a pie that covers most of the page. So I clicked on the top of your blog and it brought me to where you see all the posts and I clicked on comment on this post there.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thank you for the encouragement, everyone. I'm sorry that some of your had problems with the big pie. I haven no idea how or why it it is appearing on my blog page. I haven't approved the running of any ads, and I haven't seen it myself. I even visited from a different browser that isn't logged into my account. I'll keep watch for it in hopes that I may be able to get something done about it.