Saturday, June 7, 2014

Ring Pillow for Daughter's Wedding

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted. While I think of all of my tatting friends often, life has been very busy. As you might guess from the title, my most recent project was decorating the ring pillow for my oldest daughter's wedding. The photos are by Grant Dillion. I'm awed by the quality and creativity of some of the photos he took at her wedding.
The pattern is by Yvonne Reypa, April 2007. My copy is from back before I added the weblinks to the patterns before saving and I couldn't find it with a google search. If any of you have the link, please post it. 

This is a beautiful design, but it was very slow going. I alternated finger tatting and shuttle tatting. I do believe it was worth the effort, though.

7 comments:

God's Kid said...

So nice to see you posting again!!! Love that gorgeous motif!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, very intricate design. Well tatted!

Julie Romero said...

That is really exquisite! I love the contrast of the burlap and the lace!!!

Fox said...

Beautiful. Congrats!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What a lovely way to commemorate your daughter's weeding! I'm sure she will always treasure it.

Tat-a-Renda said...

Beautiful tatting. Congratulations on the happy occasion

Corina Meyfeldt said...

Love it! May be slow to tat it, but so worth it!