Monday, March 12, 2012

Tat Along, Try #2

Here is my second effort at the Tischband by Ruth Scharf which is the focus of the Tat Along. I kept my tatted chains much looser this time which made for a longer leaf. I also added a large picot to the base of the first leaf for joining the remaining ones. As you can see from the picture, it didn't need to be as large as I made it, but this did work well for me. I'm about to start my third effort. The recipient will get to decide whether it will be the triangle shape of my first effort or the square of my second effort. The flowers are already completed and I'm starting the leaves. I confess I would have trouble choosing. I really like both. The triangle one serves as a coaster on my desk at work and I really enjoy seeing it there every day.

10 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I still haven't completed a leaf... soon, though!

God's Kid said...

Wow!! Both have come out very beautiful!! :)

Unknown said...

WOW that is absolutely gorgeous
Bravo
Joy in OZ

Carla said...

...wow...wonderful|||

Unknown said...

Lovely job.

Umintsuru said...

Ahhh, beautiful!! The larger base picot and longer chain works. It looks so neat and flat.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thanks, everyone. This one was perfectly flat even before pressing. The next one is also going to be a square. I'm going to use the center picot again, but a smaller one.

Fox said...

Beautiful tatting!
Fox : )

Bonnie said...

Very Striking!

Beautiful work.

jessica said...

Gorgeous! Your leaves are especially beautiful work.