Saturday, March 24, 2012

Anne Orr progress

I've been tatting up a design by Anne Orr this week using Lizbeth #688. I used some split rings to reduce the number of starts in the center and I'm tatting the clovers of the final round with the second shuttle which changes the directions of some of the chains. I tried it both ways and found I preferred this one. It will look even better when finished and blocked. I liked it so well without the final round that I was tempted to leave it off.

I've finished another project as well, but it is a gift for a dear co-worker who is retiring this week. I've taken a picture, but I'll wait until after her retirement reception Friday to post it on the internet. I'll give you a hint, though. She loves plants.

I have an order for some bracelets so I'll be working on those for the rest of the weekend.

Have a great week!

6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

There are so many pretty patterns out there, and I love what you're doing with this one. The green is gorgeous! So much more inspiring than some of the old black and white photos!

Stephanie said...

Very pretty! I recognize that motif and I do believe what you're doing with it makes it much prettier than the original. That's a pretty color of green, too. (at least it looks green on my monitor);)

God's Kid said...

That looks really great!! :)

Fox said...

That is very pretty - and lovely colour too. What size?
Fox : )

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

This is a size 20 thread, Fox, and I think the finished doily will be about 7 inches in diameter.

I would call this color dark aquamarine, Stephanie. It is one of my favorite Lizbeth colors--a green with a touch of blue.

While there will always be a place for white, the colors available to us now make the art so much more adaptable to the trends of the day. I really love having so many options.

Suztats said...

It's very nice, and I also love the colour.