Sunday, January 13, 2019

UFO progress and Unending Doily

I’m happy to report further progress on my unfinished projects. 

Rounds 11 and 12 (of 17) are complete. 
Renulek WIOSNA 2016
DMC size 80

My sandwich bag of shuttles and bobbins with leftover threads from finished projects needed clearing. Inspired by Madhur Dadlani’s Unending Doily, I’ve kept the thread sizes sorted into separate bags hoping to start an “unending” doily of my own. Here is my start. 

,
Rings of 2-1-1-1-1-2
I chose to use rings with lots of picots because I felt it would be more forgiving in allowing me numerous places to join and filling any gaps that might develop. Rings are joined to adjacent rings at the first and last picots but joining to the previous round is more free-form. 

6 comments:

muskaan said...

Oh, I love the colours you're using! Both doilies are coming along great 💗🌹💕

Jane McLellan said...

Yes, your doily is really pretty in those colours. I must admit I throw away small lengths of thread. I look forward to seeing how your more constructive use of them develops!

Michelle said...

Your WIOSNA looks gorgeous! I admire your unending doily, so. Ugh of my thread is Hite, mine would be too boring...

Margarets designer cards said...

Your doily is coming along and beautiful colours
Lots of flowers from your shuttles soon you will have a bag of clean ready to use shuttles

God's Kid said...

Your WIOSNA 2016 is so beautiful and the colors so pleasant!!! :)
Great start to your unending doily!! :)

Sally Kerson said...

Tis the time to look at unfinished projects and generally tidy and clear stuff. Doily looking good hope you manage to finish it this year!