Sunday, February 11, 2018

Y18 UFO Project Update #3

Flowerpiece (in progress)
Tatting with Visual Patterns
by Mary Konior
pgs 36-27

I've only been able to tat a little on the go, so I haven't worked on the 'monster edging' project. Instead I started the final round of Flowerpiece. Because I chose to use the variegated thread for both the rings and chains of this round, I can use some split rings to move from medallion to medallion and tat the round continuously. 

Making progress, slowly but surely.

Happy tatting!

7 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I have wanted to make this doily but wondered will all those chains "would I go mad?" ha ha ha I is it okay how did you do so many at once? I may have to try this once I see you have successfully finished this and your okay :) I also struggle over lots of chain patters like this. Remember the leaf one? I don't mind making chains I just feel I would loose count with out a picot for such long stretches of time :)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

This one really isn't too bad, Madtatter80. The chains are fairly short segments. The most important thing is to tension them the same. I find that easier to do with tight chains than loose ones. Mine aren't perfect. I can easily point out the few that didn't get tensioned properly. This last round will be the real test of my chain rounds. It doesn't have the stretch of those chain rounds. Don't get in a hurry for a final report, though. It may take me weeks to finish it. :)

Jane McLellan said...

Good idea to tat it in one go. Reminds me that I must revisit that book, thanks!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, rich colors! This will be stunning!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful gorgeous colour, look forward to seeing it when you have finished it

muskaan said...

It is rich and good to be able to go around continuously! The blue shade is superb - it always reminds me of peacocks :-)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thank you, everyone.