Sunday, November 5, 2017

Muskaan's Quatrefoil Medallions & Hiding Ends Knot Free

After months of seldom posting, it may start to look like I'm tatting up a storm. The truth is that you are seeing the things I've done, or been working on, for many months. This one is about my explorations of muskaan's Quatrefoil Medallions and the knot free hiding of ends that she shared in her August 18 post. You will find the patterns for the various Quatrefoil Medallions on her Tatting Patterns and Designs page under Motifs and Medallions. What I love so much about muskaan's method is the effortless way it cinches the last ring up against the first with no gap at all. You have to look closely to figure out where you began and ended.


Motif #10 of 25 Motif Challenge of 2017
muskaan's Quatrefoil Square Version 1



Motif #11 of 25 Motif Challenge of 2017
muskaan's Quatrefoil Square Version 2



Motif #12 of 25 Motif Challenge of 2017
muskaan's Quatrefoil Square Flower 1
After having such wonderful success with muskaan's method on the first two Quatrefoil squares, I decided to try using it on both ring 1 and ring 2 in Quatrefoil Flower 1. It worked great as expected, giving me a tight fit up against both of the rings and making it even harder to tell where the medallion began and ended. 






3 comments:

God's Kid said...

Fabulous motifs!!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

They look fabulous pieces of tatting

muskaan said...

Thanks, Eliz :-)
I leave this little loop for all my tatting now, when joining in the round. One might even use it as a magic loop to pull in the tail, except that I prefer hiding under different elements to reduce bulk.