Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Old and the New

It's been ages, too, since I've posted on my blog so I thought I'd update you with the last of the old and the start of the new. 
The OLD: I promised you more pictures of the burlap ornaments I made using the snowflakes I tatted from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting by Lene Bjorn. While you can't see all of them plainly in this picture, you've seen all of the snowflakes before if you followed my blog last year. There were seven ornaments in all and my daughter loved each one. If you'd like more details about how I made the ornaments, please see my December post.
The NEW: I didn't get any tatting done for several weeks which actually left me struggling to find the motivation to pick up my shuttles again. I'm sure it was partly the winter blahs and partly that it is a very busy time of year for me so that finding time to tat is a real challenge. However, Jane Eborall's TIAS 2017 is perfect for getting back in the groove. I've enjoyed the switch to tatting with Lizbeth Jelly Bean after so many white snowflakes, too. Still no clue, though, as to what we are tatting, but that's a big part of the fun. It isn't too late to pick up your shuttles or tatting needles and join the fun.

I was rocking along quite well with the Craftree Snowflake challenge last year until November. I finished the year with both the Nineteenth of December and the Twentieth of December in progress. The challenge was lots of fun and I'm committed to finishing the remaining snowflakes in this book as well as the Renulek doily I started last year. Then there are all of the great ideas that keep popping up in your blogs! Obviously, I have plenty to tat in 2017.

Til later,
Eliz aka Tatknot

5 comments:

muskaan said...

Happy to see you back :-)
Your ornaments are beautiful as well as snowflakes !
I like the happy jelly bean colourway :-)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's good to see a post from you again! I do remember your burlap ornaments... great idea! I've also started Jane's TIAS... always a challenge for me... in a good way!

Madtatter80 said...

I love these burlap ornaments, know what you mean about tatting one thing and wanting to make another and love blogging gives you so many ideas 🌹💟🌹

God's Kid said...

Glad you are back!! :) And tatting too!!! :)
Very nice ornaments!!! :)
Looks like you are off to a great start on TIAS!!! :)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thank you all so much. It is good to be back, even if not quite at my usual pace. Jane and muskaan both noticed my zigzag chains were a bit short. I should have counted each set (flipped, unflipped) as one stitch instead of counting each double stitch, whether flipped or not, as a single count. I've corrected my mistake and will get up a new pic soon.