These are the first two of a set of six ornaments I'm making for my oldest daughter. The finished ornaments are approximately 5 inches in diameter. They were trickier to make than I expected. It took four test ornaments before I figured out what was going to work. The method I settled upon required the attachment of a cotton lining to each circle of burlap using a buttonhole stitch before the two circles were sewn together, turned inside out, and stuffed. I found this to be the best way to stabilize the burlap so that the seams didn't tear out when they were turned to the inside.
I finished attaching the lace to all of the ornaments this evening. All that is left is to attach the remaining ribbons. I'll post pictures of the other four next time.
If you would like to review my original posts about the tatting, you'll find them here: