I've been getting some tatting done on those projects that don't require frequent glances at the instructions. You saw the completion of the Concentric Rectangles doily in my last post. Here is the tea cloth test tat with round 5 completed.
I have one more row of motifs to add before the test tat of the center is done. If you would like to see how this doily looks in color, check out Jessica's. Jessica has done a great job on the pattern update of this doily.
You don't have to tat for very long to discover that occasionally you have to make a small modification to a pattern to make it work with your finished product. Maybe your picots aren't quite the same size as the original design or your tension is different. It is less likely to be a problem with small motifs, but doilies are another matter, especially as the diameter increases. Such was the case on this round. Even though I knew the motifs of round 4 would elongate, I just didn't feel there was enough space between my motifs. I tried several different ring sizes to see how they would work, but none of them gave the same kind of look as those larger rings. I finally opted to join the inner most rings in hopes that it would at least keep those rings from trying to overlap each other. I'm pleased with the way it is working so far. The real test will be how it works with the addition of round 6.