Sunday, March 6, 2016

Oops! Can't salvage this one.

When I use the Magic Thread trick to hide ends, I usually wait until I've joined at least one more round before I snip the ends. This time I slipped into production mode to make several Valeire Square Ice Cream Cones and didn't give it a thought as I did the finishing of all of the first rounds before starting the second ones. You guessed it. On number 5, the ends came loose as I was working round 2. My nimble-fingered daughter tried to salvage it by making a knot with those tiny ends, but instead we managed to pull another double stitch off. Maybe this will help me remember in future to wait until the project is finished, or at least until another round or two has been added, before I snip those ends.

6 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

I've tried the magic thread trick a few times in the past. I just don't get on with it and it does this to me - pulls out. I abandoned it and admire anybody who can get it to work. I worried that even when it did work (once or twice!) that it would pull out after a few washes too.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm no good with the magic thread. I've tried and messed up many pieces. Hopefully, your next one will turn out just fine!

Michelle said...

Oooh, frustrating! That ice cream looks yummy!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I'm seriously considering going back to sewing in the ends, but that is harder on my hands. Now where did I put those sewing needles? :)

Margarets designer cards said...

I have tried the magic trick but it never works for me they always come loose. So I gave up and see the ends in.
Margaret

God's Kid said...

Oh, and it's so pretty!!