Monday, March 28, 2016

Motif 8 for 25 Motif Challenge

It always feels good to finish a project, and especially so this time as it was such a challenge. I attempted to use some tips from Nina Libin's Beanile tatting to create the jewels for the top center of the crown. It isn't perfect, but I'm very happy with my first effort at this type of use of beads in tatting. I used Gale Marshall's pattern for the Queen Mom Memorial Crown and substituted lots of different beads and made the changes necessary to make them work. So that's motif #8 for the 25 Motif Challenge.
Lastly, I had to revisit the eyes of my brown-eyed sock doll. I brought her eyes closer together, and I think she looks better. 

6 comments:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Amazing crown (quite a unique pattern!) and adorable dolls!

God's Kid said...

Stunning crown!!! :)
Cute dolls!! :)

Michelle said...

You made that crown so fast! Lovin' the brown-eyed girl now too?

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The crown is gorgeous! I still like the sock baby with the blue eyes! ;-)

Jane McLellan said...

Splendid crown!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thanks. all. Butterbean is a cute little blue-eyed girl, too. I think I still need to adjust the shape of those brown eyes, but Butterbean seems to love them equally.