Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tatting Diagrams

I am doing the happy dance all over my dining room! Thanks to Sharon Briggs and her wonderful designing course, I'm diagramming with my computer! Here is my first diagram of one of my own patterns. It isn't perfect, but until yesterday I had trouble drawing a ring with my computer. I'm using EazyDraw for the Mac (recommended by Jane Eborall a while back).

As you can see, I've been a bit distracted from my latest tatting project. Today was devoted to GRE (Graduate Requirement Exam) preparation and learning to diagram. The diagram part was the fun part of my day!

I'll go to bed now and dream of more diagramming after tomorrow's GRE practice. Tatting must wait until I master this new skill so I can produce better tatting patterns.

4 comments:

Typstatting said...

Congratulations on your first computer design. Great job! That calls for a glass of bubbly!!!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Good for you! I bought that program also, but I don't get how to use it. Of course, I haven't taken much time to play with it either! ; )

God's Kid said...

Glad you are enjoying your new program! :) Can't wait to see what comes from it all! :)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I agree, TypsTatting. I opened up a Dr. Pepper straight away. LOL

Diane, I highly recommend Sharon's designing class. Her tutorials on drawing tatting patterns are fantastic. They helped me shortcut the program's tutorials tremendously so that I could start creating patterns after just exploring the various tools in the program.

It is so hard to know where to start, God's Kid. Do I go back and make good diagrams of what I've already done or do I move on to new designs.

Need to get back to the books.