Monday, July 5, 2010

Needle Tatted Bracelet

This bracelet for my daughter was inspired by the work of Totusmel. She has even posted a needle tatting video. The timing was perfect as I haven’t used my needles in a long time. I used the pattern for Edging #59 in Tatting Designs from Victorian Lace Craft, edited by Jules & Kaethe Kliot, page 39. I cleaned up the design by dropping a number of picots so it would be more in the style of Totusmel’s bracelet. Many thanks to Totusmel for both the video and the idea.

4 comments:

BSOTF said...

I love the color & your daughter will be thrilled to get it from her mom who made it with a lot of love!

God's Kid said...

The bracelet looks great! :)

Suztats said...

I really like the simplicity of the design.....it makes a statement without tarting it up.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thanks, everyone. I got my daughter involved in the design and the color selection and we have an order for more thread and a different type of clasp. She likes her bracelet and I look forward to seeing her wear it. Now she has FOUR pieces of my tatting (the dragon, two bookmarks, and a bracelet). We're making progress. ;D