Monday, January 21, 2008

Last of the animal bookmarks

School is in full swing so there has been no time for tatting lately. We have a holiday today, so I thought I'd take a minute to post a picture of the last of the animal bookmarks I completed during the Christmas holidays. I changed the pattern a bit to use more than one thread color. The swan is in white and ecru and I used a Caron Wildflowers thread for the water.


I hope to see some of you at the online class. I plan to attend the evening sessions as often as possible. I have a college class to attend during the daytime session.

Happy tatting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look what Jorie found for me! It is so nice to see your work again; I've missed you. John & I live in Manti, Utah now. Beautiful quiet little town. Nice summers, but snow in winter. I'd love to get back in touch. My g-mail hasn't changed...when you have time, let's get back in touch.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Georgia told me a while back that you were looking for me. I tried to send you an email, but received no reply. That message is probably floating around out there in cyberspace looking for you! Are you participating in the online classes this year?

Anonymous said...

Hi, Eliz-

I'm so excited! I just taught my first tatting class to "not just family members." Actually, two family members and one friend, but it was so much fun to watch them learn how to handle the thread and make the "flip." I started with finger exercises that are used in tatting, and then introduced the thread by getting used to it in hands without shuttles. It was easy for them to change to shuttles with thread. They caught on much faster than when I have taught others. I think I will continue using the same method to teach others.
I have an opportunity to teach tatting to the young girls where I work. I may do that in the spring!
Still hoping to hear from you soon!