Saturday, February 10, 2007

Scrap Bookmarks, Cats and Dogs



Now we shall all see whether I've managed to do this correctly!

I've been doing some tatting in front of the television. The bookmarks on the left are not made from a pattern. I was trying to empty some shuttles and renew my supply of bookmarks at the same time. I keep a pile of simple bookmarks on hand for use in library books, etc. I get to enjoy using my tatting as I read and if I lose one, someone somewhere gets a treat.

The cat is from Tatted Animals by Inga Madsen. There are a lot of projects in this book that I plan to do. I'm well into the dog right now, but my children want it to look more like a chihuahua so I'm editing as I go. I'll let you know how it comes out.

This snowflake is a variation of Vida Sunderman's Ruffle-Edged Snowflake (page 11 of Tatted Snowflakes). I changed the center so I could do it in two rounds instead of three. A complete double stitch after each picot on the ruffled round seems to help the picots lay better.

Getting this done has put me behind in reading my email, but it has been lots of fun. Thanks for the encouragement to do it, Jane!

No comments: